1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Battery drain on G5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JMBUFFI, May 6, 2016.

1. JMBUFFI

JMBUFFI Member
    None

Oct 30, 2013
    Chicago
    I am having trouble getting through the day on a single charge with little use. Biggest battery use shows phone idle, android OS, and screen. I have tried to do an application cache wipe, but not seeing much difference.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    How is your signal? Do you have alot of things syncing? (Email, FB or other social apps, weather updates, texts, cloud syncing etc)

KOLIO likes this.
  3. JMBUFFI

JMBUFFI Member
    None

Oct 30, 2013
    Chicago
    I have a great signal at home. I did find I had several background apps using the battery. I only have two e-mail accounts syncing. I installed ShutApp and stopped about 50 apps from updating in the background. What is nice is you can choose apps you want to allow to sync. In any case, I am definitally seeing a reduction in battery use over the day. So far getting through the day with at least 50% remaining. Much better than the 5-15% before.

LG G5

The LG G5 was launched April 1st, 2016. This was some of LG’s biggest innovation yet with the introduction of dual rear cameras, always-on display, and an interesting modular design concept. The modular design never caught on.
Tags: