1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery drain question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Markus673, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Markus673

Markus673 Lurker

OK. Over the past few days I've noticed a strange increase in the battery drain. I go to the battery and it always says Android OS as the top culprit.

The question is, is "searching for signal" now labeled under that? I work in a complete metal building generally have very little reception.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. macprv

macprv Android Enthusiast

i dont know the answer to you questions.. but, at work sometimes my battery last longer than other days.. i blame it on bad signal.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

if i worked in an environment that i knew i wouldn't get a signal i would just put it in airplane mode.

4. Markus673

Markus673 Lurker

I still get some signal, and can text. But, I'm guessing that it's the phone always searching for signal since it is quite poor. On my old DX it would come up as "searching for signal." Was wondering if other people were having the same issues/ same consensus.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Time without signal should be listed under "Cell Standby". If you don't use the TALK or G+ apps then disable them, it will help with your drain.

trophynuts likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews