• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery drain

So i've had alright battery life for a while now. I go to University for 8am and get back at 6pm and would still have high to mid 60% left (with a decent screen on time). Ive optimised everything: disabled apps, force doze (continuously went the entire day only losing 2% with wifi off at summer job), changed my mobile network prefermce casue i dont have data, etc etc.

However, since ive downloaded a software update, found it was called SMR-SEP-2018, my battery has been absolute garbage. Before i was at mid 60% at the end of the day but now im left with 30% max. It dropped from 55% to 42% in an hour with the screen not even on. The same day it dropped from the 42% to 11% in not even 35 mins, with barely 10 mins of screen time.

The only thing thats been fishy is in battery usage the system used like 25% on the same day where it dropped from 42% to 11%. It seems alright with force doze but as soon as my screen is on it drops like a stone.

What could be wrong? None of my settings have changed and i cant find anything else. Im stummped.

Maybe the battery is just getting old.
That's a possibility and the update put just enough strain on it to cause degraded performance. I think it's more likely that a few apps are not playing well with the update and are staying active when they should be sleeping. Keep an eye on your power usage for any indicators.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones