• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm growing a little concerned.

Since updating to 3.1, to use an example: I leave my phone charging overnight and it's at 100% by the time I wake up the next morning. Within minutes (5-10) of my disconnecting it from the wall, it's already at 96 or 95 percent. I haven't even left the house by this point.

I tried removing the battery and putting it back in and the drain is even faster. 100 - 90 within 2-3 minutes of it powering on.

I'm running the stock kernel with no other changes. This was an install from a very newly rooted phone.

There's no way to revert to 3.0 unless wipe and reinstall, correct? If the 3.0 is more stable, that is. I'd like to keep 3.1 though.

Every forum for the Incredible discusses the bump charge needed. I see you signed up in Sep 2010 so you may not be aware. If you charge your phone while it is turned off (which is easier than explaining the bump charge), you will not fall as fast from 100%.

I took awhile to search for that term and it was very enlightening. And I tried it overnight, which is why I just now replied. I could have sworn that I read something about battery, but maybe I didn't fully remember.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones