1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery drain?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KaptainKermie, Aug 21, 2012.

1. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

So I'm experiencing some pretty hefty battery drain with minimal usage. I've got screen brightness down all the way and nothing syncing. Here are the screenshots I've got with battery stats:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breezex

breezex Member

11 hours and you still have 69% battery left! That's pretty good in my estimation. Forget Cell standby, it's calculated incorrectly and really is only a fraction of the % reported.

3. donas

donas Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled with those Stats....my battery doesn't last near that long.

4. KaptainKermie

KaptainKermie Newbie

Really? How are people getting 24+ hours with many, many hours of screen time?

5. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member

I just looked at mine and here is where mine is at, as of this morning. No complaints from me.......

[​IMG]

6. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

Ummmm, who is doing this again? "people"? which "people"? (because I want to know their tricks)

I don't think it's realistic to get 24+ hours with "many many" hours of true screen-on time.

My typical drain is 2-3% per hour, idle, and I think I've got it decently buttoned up.

I'd say that battery life may be the #1 topic of posts these days....there are lots and lots of threads that are talking about this topic.

But just backing up here.....you've used 30% in 11 hours which would indicate that in 24 hrs you'd use 70% ish......so it is possible for 24 hours. The question is how much screen time do you end up using and what is the definition of "many many" hours. I think on mine it uses perhaps 1% for 6 minutes of screen on. So that would be 10% per hour of screen. So in your situation again you might be able to have 3 hours of usage, plus all the idle drain, in a 24 hour period before you're dead.

Since most people sleep at some point in a 24 hour cycle I always scratch my head as to the benefit of trying to stretch beyond a 24 hour charge cycle....isn't it easier to plug in the phone when you go to sleep versus leaving it sit on the nightstand, and then see that it is at 26% when you're leaving for work and now you're worried about it all day.

7. Hogan773

You obviously haven't used your phone much....what is your screen-on time here? 15-20 minutes total I'm guessing?

8. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Android Enthusiast

Get GSam. It gives additional information such as actual time rather than just a %, and breaks down apps by battery usage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Hogan773

Man I just wish Samsung would fix that cell power error in their next update...especially if it is so stupid as they typed 34 instead of 3.4 in their matrix. We all know that the cell % isn't accurate but it would be nice to not have it throw off all the other %'s so much. Such a simple fix!

10. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member

[/I]You obviously haven't used your phone much....what is your screen-on time here? 15-20 minutes total I'm guessing?[/I]

Don't really know but it was a very typical day. I'm running live wallpaper and several widgets. I don't use juice defender or any type of battery monitoring, etc.

11. Hogan773

If you go under SETTINGS, BATTERY and then touch on the SCREEN line it will tell you how long the screen has been on.

12. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Android Enthusiast

yes, and you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to fix...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews