1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery Drainage after Updating to ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blasefisch, May 24, 2012.

1. Brijeshsuku

Brijeshsuku Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Factory reset will not solve the issue of battery life. I have tried that.

But in case you want to do factory reset then it will remove everything including your phone contacts. To back up your contacts, go to the contacts and open the options. You will see import/export. Export the contacts to the SD card. After factory reset, you can similarly import all your contacts from the SD card.

Advertisement

2. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    I am still setting up my Note so am using it way more than my usual usage but, even so, battery life is poor. I want to check what is syncing but am having a problem. On my old Desire, under Accounts and Sync there were 2 options, Background Data and Auto-Sync and I had both ticked and only Google selected to sync. On the Note, I only have the option to turn Accounts and Sync on and off and no other options other than to add an account. I have again only selected Google to sync, although when I go in to check, often Whatsapp is also selected.

Are these the correct settings and where do I set how often I want to sync? I'm hoping that this might help battery life although it appears that I have the bare minimum syncing anyway?

3. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    After I implemented my solution, I noticed a dramatic increase in battery life. I noticed that when my screen was off, my wifi turned off (as per the setting), which seemed to then kick in the mobile network.

Also, when at work where I rely only on mobile network, my battery drained quite quickly.

So, here's what I did. I programmed the automation app, TASKER, to turn OFF the mobile data when the screen was off and turn it ON when the screen was on. It was a simple fix, but my battery started lasting me almost twice as long.

Granted, things don't get autosynced as much, but I do turn on the screen every now and then to check the time or look something up, so it's frequent enough to let me know of any new items.

Tim

4. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    double post