• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery draining 50-60% per hour

keysikg

Lurker
Dec 15, 2014
Hello guys, I am having HUGE problem. I got my Samsung Galaxy S5 today (clone but kinda perfect clone and it has best specifications of all clones I saw). Everything works perfectly, RAM is great, ROM fine, camera awesome, but battery - it drains 50-60% PER HOUR. I have no idea what to do. I think battery is fine, and that problem is something that is draining shit out of battery. I got Battery Monitor Widget Pro, set it manually to 2800mAh, but it shows that it is draining around 600 to 1400 maH per hour (around 50%, sometimes even more). I have no idea what is it. Please help.

It is very difficult to comment on a clone phone as it will not be running the stock Samsung TouchWiz firmware, (some clones are running a version of Android 4.3, (Jelly Bean), which the genuine S5 has never had), or hardware of the genuine Galaxy S5's, (some clones only have 1GB of RAM and 4 or 8GB of internal memory), and a totally different CPU and is dependent on the programming abilities and hardware of whoever released it.

In cases such as battery drain on the genuine firmware the perceived wisdom is to run it in Safe Mode to see if any apps are causing an issue and to wipe the Cache Partition. If this does not solve your problem, you can move on to wiping the cache and data of your apps and even doing a Factory Data reset. As a last resort you could, if possible on a clone phone, download your firmware and re-flash it. See posts #1 & #2 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide, which, although it is for the S4, does walk you through what you need to do on a genuine S5.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response, I could really use some help. It is clone, but it was done great, when I was buying sim card from phone operator, guy working there, their boss said it was original. I know that it isn't, but he couldn't tell difference. Anyway, after I spent 24 hours dying to make it work, I changed preferred network type from wcdma only to gsm only, battery stopped draining on standby like crazy. But when I open apps, it will still drain like 70-80% PER HOUR. I have no idea what to do. What would you suggest?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response, I could really use some help. It is clone, but it was done great, when I was buying sim card from phone operator, guy working there, their boss said it was original. I know that it isn't, but he couldn't tell difference. Anyway, after I spent 24 hours dying to make it work, I changed preferred network type from wcdma only to gsm only, battery stopped draining on standby like crazy. But when I open apps, it will still drain like 70-80% PER HOUR. I have no idea what to do. What would you suggest?

I am afraid that without a lot more information about your clone phone, such as the make & model, firmware version and hardware details, I can be of little use to you as your phone will be as different to the genuine Galaxy S5 as apples are to onions. My only suggestion at this stage would be to run it in Safe Mode for awhile to determine whether it is an app casing your problems or if it is a, "feature", of the clone firmware.

Upvote 0
First, thanks a lot for trying to help, I am really desperate atm :( Those are things I found that you might wanna know.

Real Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS

ModelSM-G900 Quad Core

Band
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz

CPUCortex A7 Quad Core MTK6582 1.3GHz

Baseband version G900SKSU1ANCD
Kernel Version 3.4.5 dpi@SWDD5708 1

Mobile network type EDGE:2

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear of your issues.. 1 thing i would suggest is not using 3rd party battery monitoring apps.. sometimes they cause more drain than not..

Second would be to turn off proccesses your not in need of at the ti.e, ie location, wifi, BT etc..

Third would be make sure your always fully closing out apps after use by backing out completely,

Those would be the normal precautions on a non rooted device.. if your still having major battery drain then its possible the supplied battery is bad, or not as strong as oem samsung s5 battery, or there is truley something corrupt in your stock system :/ i would hope not..

Upvote 0
First, thanks a lot for trying to help, I am really desperate atm :( Those are things I found that you might wanna know.

Real Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS (It may, or may not, be a form of KitKat but it will not be Samsung TouchWiz)

ModelSM-G900 Quad Core (It most definitely is not model SM-G900)

Band
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
(No LTE/4G network)

CPUCortex A7 Quad Core MTK6582 1.3GHz (Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400)

Baseband version G900SKSU1ANCD (Not a Samsung Baseband/modem)
Kernel Version 3.4.5 dpi@SWDD5708 1 (Not a Samsung kernel)

Mobile network type EDGE:2

As I thought... Apples and onions I'm afraid. The genuine Samsung Galaxy S5 spec's are in red.

You make no mention of camera, RAM or internal storage. It sounds suspiciously like the Chinese, Cubot phone, here, which has only 1GB of RAM, half that of the S5, and an 8MP camera, (again, half that of the S5).

I would suggest that you try to track down the manufacturer of your phone and Google to see if they have a website or forum that may be better equipped to assist you on your particular make and model. Here are just some of those that use the Mediatek CPU...

20 budget quad-core Chinese phones! The Mediatek MTK6582 Android phone resource

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

My dealer said it was original and couldn't tell the difference, but I could.
s5kirf.jpg

Thing with some of these S5 knock-offs, there's many that are absolutely dreadful. A battery draining 50% in an hour is very much a possibility with them. Because there's like almost zero QC and testing when these things are designed and made.

Upvote 0
Need help more than anything. I tried to root with those 1 click roots, but I couldn't make it with this phone. So I decided to use cwa root guide that is everywhere on this forum. I ****ed up and now I can't get my phone to start. It starts starting and then stops, I think its bricked badly. I tried to unbrick it but didn't work. Seller sent me new ROM but I can't install cause its system.img and I can't access phone to install it, I can only use flash tools from PC. Is there anything I can do? I stayed wake up to 9 AM, I feel worst in my life, I can barely see.

Upvote 0
I know you are not going to like this but if you can get out of that contract and return the phone you would be sooo much better off.. You will save yourself soooo much aggravation if you just get a real authentic Samsung galaxy S5.

Also, you should not have to load a new ROM to get it to work out of the box. Hope you get this worked out..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones