• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining insanely fast help!

Well, my culprit to battery drain was Helix. I thought it was Beautiful Widgets and/or Weather Widget, but it's Helix. Every time I put my phone into Airplane mode, the phone's awake time would continuously climb. Once out of airplane mode, it would return to normal. Unfortunately, I need to use airplane mode a lot.

After uninstalling Helix, everything is back to normal again. This really sucks.

Upvote 0
Well, my culprit to battery drain was Helix. I thought it was Beautiful Widgets and/or Weather Widget, but it's Helix. Every time I put my phone into Airplane mode, the phone's awake time would continuously climb. Once out of airplane mode, it would return to normal. Unfortunately, I need to use airplane mode a lot.

After uninstalling Helix, everything is back to normal again. This really sucks.

Well, i guess I lied. I uninstalled all of my recently added apps (Helix, Beautiful, and Weather Donate) and my phone still has an unusually high running time when I check spare parts. Also, my awake time keeps climbing. Spare Parts is showing most of the use by the Android System. This also occurs while the phone is in airplane mode, which tells me the Android System is acting wacky.

I'd hate to do a factory reset, but I'm out of options that I can think of. Any suggestions? Turning the phone off and back on does nothing to help.

Upvote 0
Are other people experiencing more battery drain with Helix. I just installed Helix a few days ago and love it. My battery is draining a little faster, but I can't tell if it's Helix or something else.

I just installed Helix yesterday, but I've been playing with the phone so much that I can't tell if there's any change in battery usage.

Tomorrow is back to work, so it'll be a good test day. I'll post results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones