• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Draining very fast

Hi,

I have been using nexus 6p for last 7 months. since may 2017 battery is draining very fast for example: before i sleep it was 90 Percent, when I woke up after 7 hours it was 40 Percent. I have tried all the possible ways like cache partition, factory reset, safe mode, general battery save settings, but couldn't resolve. my current android version is 7.1.2.

I have checked battery consumption by apps, Android system and android os are draining my battery.

Please help anyone who have rectified the same issue.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have been using nexus 6p for last 7 months. since may 2017 battery is draining very fast for example: before i sleep it was 90 Percent, when I woke up after 7 hours it was 40 Percent. I have tried all the possible ways like cache partition, factory reset, safe mode, general battery save settings, but couldn't resolve. my current android version is 7.1.2.

I have checked battery consumption by apps, Android system and android os are draining my battery.

Thanks.

I have almost the same issue and it solved when I lowers the display features.You might have a 3450 mAh battary . However when you sleep at night you must not running any apps that time. Probably very high display features can be the reason behind the problem. You said that apps, android system and android OS is draining your phone's battary, which is draining much? e.g. 20%,40% or 60%, which among apps, android system and android OS is draining much of your battary?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks.

I have been having battery issues for several months. I believe the problems began with the Android 7.1 update. My theory (speculation), is that the wifi/4G/LTE radios are the issue. My morning activities of reading news, checking 5 or 6 web sites, and checking email, reading ebooks (30-45 minutes of activity), now takes 14%-20% battery vs 8%-10% before problems started ~50% increase in battery drain for same tasks. I have also noticed that using 5.8GHz wifi really drains battery much faster than 2.4GHz. In addition, 4G/LTE now has enormous drain on battery. From what I have observed, simple web browsing, checking mail, streaming audio, on 4G/LTE, would take battery to less than 20% in 6 hours or less. Having said all of that, I can still get 3.5 hrs SOT, but I have to work harder at managing resources to minimize battery usage.

Upvote 0
I have almost the same issue and it solved when I lowers the display features.You might have a 3450 mAh battary . However when you sleep at night you must not running any apps that time. Probably very high display features can be the reason behind the problem. You said that apps, android system and android OS is draining your phone's battary, which is draining much? e.g. 20%,40% or 60%, which among apps, android system and android OS is draining much of your battary?

Hai, thanks for the reply,

Only android os and android system are consuming more battery than display. If I won't use it, though my battery is draining out.

Upvote 0

Only android os and android system are consuming more battery than display. If I won't use it, though my battery is draining out.

Upvote 0

Yes your battery is draining quickly due to your phones OS and system. Do you upgraded your phone before? if so do system cache wipe and factory reset your phone. Take a look here https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6090599?hl=en hope this will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones