• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery draining WAY too fast?

OCDP

Lurker
Jun 2, 2012
Hi there,

Before I whine I will get it out of the way. I am an ex iPhone user, I've had my Galaxy S2 X for a little over a week (and I'm not looking back)

To give an idea of how fast my battery is draining it's now 12:10pm. I took my phone off the charger at 9:40am today and I am already down to 75%. What I've done in that time is listen to music for roughly half hour, checked maybe two websites and user the weather app. Nothing intensive, at least in my opinion anyway.

Just to start a test as of today as well I deleted all of my home screens, now I only have one. I had 4 with a few widgets, nothing that was fetching data or syncing though (had bookmarks and tunein - that's it) I've also done the basics like turning off bluetooth, wifi, gps, etc. The only thing I haven't changed is brightness (and I know this drains the battery most) The fact is I don't have my phone lit up much at all.

I am seeing a battery drain while the phone idles. I've already lost 1% since I started this thread.

SO while I am new to Android and all things Android, this just doesn't seem right to me? For being off charger for only 2 and a half hours I should have more than 74% battery life?

Welcome to the forum OCDP!

It sounds like your phone is draining a bit faster than normal, so I have a few questions.

What apps have you installed?

What is the brightness level of your screen?

When you say light use and I read your description, were there any phone calls?

Do you have any social accounts that are syncing automatically? If so, how many?

How many e-mail accounts do you have set up and how often are they set to retrieve mail?

Are you using any battery saving apps? I will get to this after you reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones