1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery draining

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Android Question

My battery dies rather quickly. I just bought the Note 4 just 4 days ago. I have downloaded a couple different "batteries helpers" and nothing is really working. I swipe out of all my apps constantly and I have turned off all "syncing" items on my phone. I use Wifi & hardly use any apps that were preinstalled on my phone. The most current battery helper I am using "Super Task Killer" and when I use that it wants to "kill" apps I have never used. Why are those apps running on my phone when I have never used them & after I have the app kill it.
    When I go back to the app to see if there is anything else to "kill" some of those apps are still being used.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dequelo

dequelo Well-Known Member

A lot of apps have their services start when the phone is booted up. The battery saver could be turning off some of the stock apps that have not been disabled in the application manager. You have to go into Settings -> Application Manager -> All Applications, then manually disable the apps that you do not use.

On days that I use my S5 heavily, I may get around 24-30 hours of battery life. If I am playing games, it is easy to blast through a full charge in a few hours.

How often are you charging and how much are you using the phone?