• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drains crazy quick

Stock and non rooted since day one. Any advice?

My batt dies around 5 hours

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382718325040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382718325040.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382718344421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382718344421.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 54
I don't know what all this stuff about great battery life is and I guess my "intensive use" is not the same as other peoples'. Under intensive use yesterday, mine lasted five hours. "Energy Saver" was on. But then I'm used to phones that last at least two days between charges so I'm ignorant if underwhelmed.

It was mostly but not exclusively tethered to a camera yesterday and sucking small JPGs off a real camera. (I did have a spare battery in my pocket.)

Upvote 0
Stock and non rooted since day one. Any advice?

My batt dies around 5 hours

I had this problem at first. Check to see if you have the option to say "hey Galaxy" with the screen off and have it go to S Voice. That thing KILLS battery. Once I turned if off, I had no issues.

If you go into S Voice Settings, there's an option for "Wake-up". Turn both of those options off and you should be see immensely better battery life.

Upvote 0
I was curious to revisit this topic and found an older piece from 2011 about reasons not to use third party task killers. Remember that it may not cause any immediate effects but if it does over time will you screw up your Android systems checks & balances to tweak your phone for optimal function. You could possibly mess up your phone in the long run and factory resets are pretty undesirable when you have all apps, files, photos, music, calendar events and special settings established over time. Is it worth the risk? You make the call but at least look at the reasons behind your decision.

Revisiting Android Task Killers and Why You Still Don’t Need One… – Droid Life

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones