• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drains within a couple of hours

jessejohn

Lurker
May 1, 2012
Hi I recently purchased the Galaxy S2 from US Cellular and I charge the battery every night and by the time I get home from school it's telling me it needs to be charged, i know that android battery's don't last as long as feature phones do. But it shouldn't be that bad... im at school for about 7 hours and i don't use it much, so its in standby most of the time. is there any way i can fix this? please help

You need to check the battery and see what is draining it. You should be able to compare a graph for when screen is on and phone is awake. If phone is awake much longer than screen is on, then you have wakelogs problem.

If you install BetterBatteryStats, you can check which processes / apps are causing the partial wakelogs. From there, you can uninstall the offending apps, restrict its use (Onavo can prevent apps from accessing data), or if rooted, can freeze it if its stock app that cannot be uninstalled.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones