1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Drains within a couple of hours

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jessejohn, May 1, 2012.

1. jessejohn

jessejohn Lurker

Hi I recently purchased the Galaxy S2 from US Cellular and I charge the battery every night and by the time I get home from school it's telling me it needs to be charged, i know that android battery's don't last as long as feature phones do. But it shouldn't be that bad... im at school for about 7 hours and i don't use it much, so its in standby most of the time. is there any way i can fix this? please help

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

You need to check the battery and see what is draining it. You should be able to compare a graph for when screen is on and phone is awake. If phone is awake much longer than screen is on, then you have wakelogs problem.

If you install BetterBatteryStats, you can check which processes / apps are causing the partial wakelogs. From there, you can uninstall the offending apps, restrict its use (Onavo can prevent apps from accessing data), or if rooted, can freeze it if its stock app that cannot be uninstalled.

Cheers

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews