1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery drops 10% at a time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thetomlin2, Jun 28, 2012.

1. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Hello ... I just upgraded from an Inc2 and thus far like the Maxx. Something that seems strange to me is that my battery life drops in 10% increments. This morning I took the phone off the charger and it was 100% ... it stayed there for quite a while and them went down to 90%. Where we 99%, 98%, 97%, etc? It did the same thing from 90% to 80% as well. Is there a fix for this? I have used a couple apps to track the battery AND checked the battery % in Battery Information. Thanks for your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

I can't remember details, but I seem to remember reading in the past that it doesn't drop in 10% intervals but is in many cases reported by apps that way.

I use a widget from the app Minimalistic Text, and it is displayed in 1% intervals.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  3. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert

I don't believe the phone supports any increments smaller than 10%, like HTC, Samsung, etc do. It's a Motorola issue. Even my rooted OG Droid with CM7 wouldn't do that.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

That's interesting ... does this happen with all Motorola phones? I have only owned HTC smart phones in the past

5. jwgraves62

jwgraves62 Newbie

For some reason most battery apps read the Motorola phones in 10% increments (happened on my Droid Pro also). I finally found a battery app that can display the REAL battery percentage in 1% increments. I tried a bunch though....I may have to check out this Minimilist app.

6. Kilo7

Kilo7 Well-Known Member

Badass Battery Monitor app shows 1% increments. Hope this helps. Great program as well for monitoring whats going on.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  7. Wraithbane

Wraithbane Member

IIRC, the Motorolas all do this, it only reports in 10% increments. You can get apps (shout out to Circle Battery widget) that will give you a report in 1% increments, but, and this is a big but, they aren't actually measuring in 1% increments, they are extrapolating from a record of how the battery reports. So when you see the 1% increments, that's not an actual reading, but a guess.

Of course, I could be entirely mistaken, but this is my third Motorola and this is the way I recall it working. You'll be fine with an app.

8. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

It has to do with the Motorola kernels reporting them in 10 percent increments.

9. pisa

pisa Lurker

try Circle App from Play store .. can then add as a widget this shows battery as actual percentage

10. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Android Enthusiast

Correct, that's a Motorola thing. Reports battery life in 10% increments. I use Gauge Battery Widget Pro (was well-worth the price) and it successfully reports the battery life in 1% increments.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews