1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery drops from 40% to 0%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vegan4all, Feb 18, 2020.

1. vegan4all

vegan4all Lurker

Hello ! I'm new here and I have the following issue on my LG K10. As you can see in the attached images, my battery drops from about 40% to 0% in seconds.
    What I did:
    - I checked for battery-draining apps, which I have none.
    - I bought a new battery (last one was dropping at about 50%, so no big change)
    Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

There are apparently several variations of the K10, with 1GB, 1.5GB, and 2GB of RAM models:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_k10-7849.php
    Which one do you have? Also, is yours running Lollipop or Marshmallow?

It's not too surprising for the battery in a four year old phone to start failing, a lot of them last longer but that's very conditional. You mentioned getting a new battery but when did you replace the original one? A drop-off of 40% to 0 in just seconds would indicate a hardware related problem rather than a software one. If this was an Android OS or an app issue, the drop-off would be much more gradual.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and Unforgiven like this.
  3. vegan4all

vegan4all Lurker

Hello! Thank you for your swift reply!
    Mine has 1.8 gb ram and android 7 (nougat). I changed the battery for a new one about 3 weeks ago, no real change there. So if it's a hardware-related problem and it's not the battery should I just change the phone?

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Well it does appear to be something other than a battery issue then. It's very unlikely two different batteries from two different sources would be failing in such a similar way. And it's also unlikely to be software related as that rapid rate of power drain just doesn't apply. But all this is just speculation from my viewpoint. There's a good chance there are consequential circumstances involved that might reveal just what the problem actually is -- i.e. a hands-on inspection involving a partial tear-down of you phone might turn up something like a broken solder joint is causing a short.
    That might involve a cost you don't want to invest on this phone at this point. It might be better off to just use that money when shopping around for a new or newer model. But in any case, be sure to back up any data you need to keep while the phone is still functional.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. vegan4all

vegan4all Lurker

Thank you!! I finally decided to switch back to my older phone before the other exploded :)

ocnbrze and PhongBa like this.
  6. PhongBa

PhongBa Lurker

I think you handled it very well.

LG K10 Forum

The LG K10 release date was February 2017. Features and Specs include a 2800mAh battery, 5.3" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, and MT6750 processor.

February 2017
Release Date
Reviews