1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery drops from 60% to 0%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by awbobsaget, Oct 19, 2012.

1. awbobsaget

awbobsaget Lurker

Hey Guys,

I Recently rooted my phone to help battery life but now its completely messed up.

My phone will get fully charged overnight...i go to work and it discharges to around 55% after 4 hours of very light use and it will randomly just shut down and on reboot shows up at 0% battery life..

YES i have recalibrated the battery. I have pulled out the battery and recharged to 100% and recalibrated but still nothing.

Obviously i cant have a phone that says it has 70% charge then drops down to 0% out of no where..i assume i need a new battery. I can't help but to think the root had something to do with it though

thanks!

- Joe

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Hey there awbobsaget (love the name btw :)), welcome to the forums!

Have you tried putting a different ROM on the device as it sounds like the Rooting caused the issue...

3. awbobsaget

awbobsaget Lurker

I have not...i think ill just do another factory reset and load the ROM later tonight and see if that does the trick...

If not -- has to be the battery. ICS has sucked the life right out of my phone since it came out.

Just curios to see if this has happened to others! havn't read anything this drastic before.

F*ck SALT

4. Wolfpaclucky

Wolfpaclucky Lurker

I have had the same problem. It started about mid last week and would be around 30% and drop to 0, this week though it has been any where from 70-90% and drop to 0, and I would have to take the battery out and put it back in so it would start charging. It is a bit of a pain to think you have a charged phone only to realize its dead when you need it.

5. Milky1112

Milky1112 Lurker

Sounds like a bad battery. Pull the battery, lay on a table, spin, repeat on opposite side. If it continues to spin, it's bulging meaning it's defiantly bad. This is common on these batteries as they age.

6. Milky1112

Milky1112 Lurker

Stock ICS supposedly has horrible battery life as well (Seeing what you wrote) I'm running a different rom and see great life with minor tweaks to scripting.

7. BattyHat

BattyHat Lurker

As a professional photographer, the message I'm always calling out from the top of my soapbox is: get more power; have back-up power. Most people don't think of this, or aren't even aware that there are products which help. Search for "external batteries".
    Our phones keep becoming more and more important to us - have enough power for it whether the software is working right or not. That'll be 2 cents please. Oh wait, I think I owe you 2 cents :)

8. jimmy2027

jimmy2027 Lurker

Keep your 2 cents, I think you misunderstood the question. The op was asking if his battery is bad so he can replace it right away, since his phone has been behaving abnormal, dropping from 70 percent straight to 0 and random shutdowns. Keeping bad battery inside phones can be dangerous.

9. drainoid

drainoid Lurker

Yaa I saw battery was swollen so I replaced the battery with new one but problem is same... drops battery 49% to 0% #need help...

10. SugarDong

SugarDong Lurker

I have had this issue with bat live droping to 0% from 40% after upgrading to 5.1.1 as u can see the image below.

Now having said that I have factory reset my phone and that was no fix.

What I will say that fixed the issue is re-cal the battery. This must be done correctly and repeated about 7-8 time.

1: charge phone to 100% charge while phone is on.

2: disconnect cable turn phone off.

3: reconnect cable charge percent will show 100% if not keep charging while off. If 100% disconnect and reboot. After reboot reconnect charger and verify 100%.

4: repeat this 7-8 times. Prob will be resolved.

Screenshot_2015-08-27-00-04-17.png

11. Spidous

Spidous Lurker

Have identical problem.
    I did 7 reboots. And i was about to just call it a quit. Untill the 8 that finally showed some different number than 100%, that was 74%. So SugarDong method actually gave result.
    Will keep update on the state of the battery.

Edit : Didn't work. Still dropping from about 50-60

#11 Spidous, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews