1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

battery dying at 30%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roud9, Aug 8, 2012.

1. roud9

roud9 Lurker

Hi,

I bought a nexus 7 from best buy 2 weeks ago. After a update to android 4.1.1 (I guess), my battery dies at 30% without avertissement, but a "bip" sound from my device. Is it a hardware problem? I never rooted my Nexus 7, I tried a factory reset and it didn't worked.

Thanks for help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sycor

sycor Well-Known Member

I have't let mine get that low yet. I'll post up in a couple days (I don't use it very often and I'm going out tonight so I won't be using it tonight) if no one else has.

3. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

Really weird. You should get it replaced.

4. R0llTide

R0llTide Member

I've never had that happen. You may have a detective unit.

5. Cygnes

Cygnes Lurker

At 8% my Nexus just turns off. Some times I get a warning and sometimes it just flips me the bird and poof! Off. Wont let me do a hard reset either. When I select it at the the boot menu it just sits at "Google". Its done this from day one. I preordered directly from Google and they just got back to me today. I should have a new one by Monday and then I'll have to send my current unit in. If by chance they should determine that its not covered under the warranty, I'll be billed $260 for my trouble.

Boooooo!! or yay? I don't know.
    -Cyg

6. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

just happened to me. last time i saw it, it reported 29%.
    a few minutes later, nothing.

7. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

I had it quit at 8 percent once but usually if I try I can push to 0 (Yeah that's bad ik) Probably some power hardware protection feature. I would suggest that you try to do a few more charge cycles and see if you can get it down to 5 percent after 3-4 normal charges