1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support battery dying very fast (3 hours)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadow25454, May 2, 2011.

1. shadow25454

shadow25454 Lurker
    None

Nov 1, 2010
    When I first got the Ally in September my battery died really fast in a matter of 3-5 hours. The phone would get very warm while it died too. The problem went away for a few months, but today I had my phone fully charged and now in 3 hours it's gone from fully charged to 13% and the phone has gotten very warm. Any ideas on what to do? I've only sent two messages on skype and have been trying for the past 2 hours to download an avg antivirus app.

Advertisement

2. AndroidKris

AndroidKris Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Call/go to verizon and get a replacement battery. Sounds like you have faulty equipment.

3. WhyMyAlly

WhyMyAlly Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    The same thing happened to me earlier with my old ally. It would get very warm often times telling me to move the phone to a cooler place. It wouldn't charge after a while and then the battery light would flash blue and the verizon store sold me another battery. It started to do the same thing until one day the phone wouldn't turn on n e more and verizon replaced it(they should unless there's physical damage). I don't know if your phone is suffering the same fate or you have some app draining your battery. Check your running apps and check the battery usage. I don't want you to make assumptions but make sure u keep things backed up. I noticed it killed 2 of my sd cards also before it went kaput.

4. kninetimmy

kninetimmy Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    call tech support they sent me a battery for free, and i called again and they are sending me a new phone bc the battery didnt fix it

Tags: