1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories battery fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iggy2iggy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. iggy2iggy

iggy2iggy Member

Jun 30, 2010
    so i got this charger and battery from ebay. link at the bottom. wanted to see if the battery they sent me worked for my evo, so i took out my original red battery and put it in the charger to charge. i left the new battery in my phone and went to work. i come home from work 6 hours later and pop in my original battery. love the red:D. And now for a little over 1 hour the battery only lost 7% battery life. is this a Fix?

1500mAh battery + AC dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641712988 end time Jul-29-10 01:14:51 PDT)

Advertisement

2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Sin City
    Mm yeah it looks tempting I been wanted to get it if your results are good like you say I ma get is only 9$ anyways quick fix when I used my hot spot feature at work( man WiFi sucks where I work lol evo save my life ha ha )

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

3. takeheart

takeheart Member

May 27, 2010
    Losing 7% battery in an hour is not good, but I have that same charger and it works like a charm. I generally hang at 100% for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs, depending on usage.

4. iggy2iggy

iggy2iggy Member

Jun 30, 2010
    well if i didnt have the charger i would probably lost 20%.

5. hankbear

hankbear Active Member

May 21, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I have done the same with the batteries and charger I got for my TP2, which, of course, now work with the EVO. Charging outside the phone or unplugging the phone from the charger the moment it reaches 100% will both give me hours of standby before dropping to 90%. Even if I use it heavily, it drops at a reasonable rate, not 20% in an hour or less. There is definitely an issue with how the EVO regulates the charge once the battery is up to 100%. I hope it is something they can fix with a software update, since the reputed bad battery life is the main negative in all the reviews. By charging my batteries this way, I get better life than my TP2 could have ever hoped to. And, I tend to use the EVO a whole lot more, so the better life is even with heavier use. As an example, right now, my battery is at 94% after being unplugged right when it got to 100% two hours ago. And, it has not been on standby all of that time.

6. hankbear

hankbear Active Member

May 21, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    P.S. I put in an externally charged battery about 20 minutes ago, and, on standby, it is still at 100%. So, I do think that charging in an external charger is still better, by a small amount, somehow. HTC really needs to examine the charging circuitry in the EVO from all angles.

7. uwf72

uwf72 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I would say your charger is bad, I bought a charger for $6, it plugs directly into a wall outlet, and it houses the battery to be charged, It takes about 4 hours to recharge the battery. I have been using it for three weeks, change my phone battery once a day
    and never had a problem with the batteries holding full charges. What is nice about having an extra battery is always having the phone working 24x7.

Tags: