1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery 'flat line'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukplay, May 17, 2011.

1. ukplay

ukplay Newbie

Had my SGS2 for a few days now and been watching the battery usage (and comparing with my previous Desire) and i think the battery must be 'settling in' - yesterday i had the SGS2 next to me at work with WiFi on (as always) and the battery was being used at approx 6% per hour whereas the Desire uses 1-2% in the same place with the same updates/apps etc - however - when at home the SGS2 uses the same as the Desire.... as far as i can tell it appears the SGS2 is almost constantly scanning for WiFi connections even though it is already connected at work, whereas the Desire does not. Does anyone know if there is a setting for this?
    Anyway - to the title of my thread(!). See attached screenshot - whilst at home the battery consumption is 2% in total for a period of 8 hours with WiFi on and being 'active' for the same period??!! As much as i would love to believe this as being true, i have to guess at the battery acclimatising???
    Any ideas? On either point!?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

I currently have both phones you are comparing. The important things to note is these two have very different ways of power management, and how the indicators reflect the charge level. Activity level protocols are also different, so take those read outs lightly. It's very similar to signal strength indicators, they are not meant for accuracy but rather to simply give you a rough indication to go by.

It's very normal for Samsung brand smartphones to take up to two weeks before you see long and consistent battery life. Also its important to use your own settings for screen brightness and time outs. The default settings are too high.

HTC tends to ship theirs a little closer to optimum. That's not to say one is better than the other. My experience with many models of either brand had been ver y good and I'm really picky :)

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S II using Swype

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews