1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Full Notification, the stupidest idea ever

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chmodx, Dec 21, 2014.

1. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast

How on earth does one disable the chime sound? It wakes me up in the middle of the night and is just unnecessary.

I've searched and done people say to root and replace the system sounds with silent files.

Others say put the phone in silent mode but I want all calls top come through.

I have Verizon, and I'm on the latest update. Can anyone offer suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

Go into settings, then sounds and then volumes. In there, you can turn down the notification volume. You'll still get calls with sounds.

3. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast

I already have notification set to 0, I should've mentioned that. This seems to override all sound settings.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I use quiet mode and it does not make the battery full sound.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If I remember correctly,you can make exceptions for quiet mode,allowing specific contacts/etc... to notify.
    If not,I'd start looking in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE for such an app,or,check out the TASKER forum for advice.
    I don't use TASKER myself,but,from what I gather,you can pretty much customize virtually all functions/etc.. once you get the hang of using it.

rhonin likes this.
  6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

You indeed do remember correctly.

KOLIO likes this.
  7. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

8. Tomr

Tomr Lurker

Ok i have had the same issue with my AT&T LG G3 D850. when i plug in the phone to charge, and it becomes 100% full it start making a chirping sound. My Wifes AT&T LG G3 D850 dose not do this. So after hours of research and i swapped charging positions with her. SHe used the factory USB charging cable, and guess what my phone didn't chirp. So I swapped my cable to the stock LG cable and it no longer chirps, and my battery last longer. So if you have this problem use an LG cable or a usb cable designed for LG. Good luck
    Tomr

toad6386 likes this.
  9. madmax988

madmax988 Newbie

I stopped charging my phone, and just swap my 2nd battery the extra battery charger/cradle is awesome and doesn't beep. Also I tend to think charging overnight is unnecessary with how long my battery lasts, and maybe all that overnight charging is why I wore through so many batteries on my old phones.

10. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

I don't keep my phone in the bedroom at night, but while on vacation last week, I kept the phone by my bed. Using a generic cable and charger, my phone kept cycling the battery full chime, but only did this one night out of the 7. Go figure..

11. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

Download tasker and set it so when you lay your phone face down it goes silent.

12. baylakedrive

baylakedrive Member

I use "Nights Keeper App" well worth the 3$

13. dmzman4696

dmzman4696 Newbie

I have the same problem with my LG G3 ... 5.0.1 ... T Mobile. I used the built in 'Do Not Disturb' feature and the visual / audio notification come up when the battery is full even though it is blocked with priority feature enabled.
    I have recently downloaded a DND app (caboose) from the play store and it provides a workaround. Now the notification alarm only goes off after the time setting option expires. I use Timely for an alarm clock and it is not blocked.
    I installed 'Tasker' today and will try to write a program to solve this issue.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews