1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Battery Fully Discharged While Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by six41, Dec 31, 2008.

1. six41

six41 Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I had an unexpected call to a job site last night and had not charged my phone. When I got home the battery was down to 7%. I put it on the charger and went to sleep. When I woke up the phone booted up when I started it and I found that it was only 34% charged. I assume that even though it was on the charger it actually went completely dead and stayed off overnight (and only partially charged). It was poor timing since I had a staff member working all night and I was his on-call support.

During my 7 minute drive to work the battery dropped from 34% down below 10% (fast!). GPS/WIFI/Bluetooth were all off. I switched to airplane mode hoping it would get me to work without going completely dead. When I got here I pulled the battery, reinstalled, and then charged it fully. So far it has been fine. Anybody else experienced this?

Advertisement

2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    I haven't, but when the battery get really low odd things start to happen...the device clearly is aware of a low battery.

3. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I had a similar situation. I had a fully charged (at least 90%+) phone when I left to drive to my parents, drive took about 2 hours and I had the phone on the charger in the car the whole time. It was at 15% when I finally arrived.

Tags: