• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery goes from 50% to dead in literally 2 seconds.

I've been using my Incredible 4G for about a year now. About 6 months ago, it started to randomly shut itself off for no reason. I did a factory reset, and it had been working fine since then. In the last three weeks, however, it has this obnoxious habit (happens every few days, at least) of randomly flashing the dead battery screen and shuts down, despite having a 50% or greater charge literally seconds before. It then takes 5 minutes of charging before it'll even turn back on.

I've tried taking my battery out and cleaning both it and the phone thoroughly, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. I was wondering if other people have had this problem, and if so what you did to fix it? I'm guessing the next step is to replace either the battery or the phone, but I'm not sure which the problem is with. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones