• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Heat??

androidtp

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2009
Houston, Texas
Is there any app that will tell you which app is producing the most battery heat on your phone? I know spare parts tells you what's using the battery the most but nothing is being used really under that and my phone on average hovers around 100 to 115 degrees.

my right leg is officially ready to be served for dinner :thinking:

i'm not sure that what you're asking for is possible. the temp is just read from a thermometer basically i would imagine. if you're still on darchdroid, it would be news to me that you're having battery heat. with 2 darchdroid roms and froyo my battery stays pretty cool. when i was on fresh roms, it was regularly running about as hot as yours is now. it's likely being caused by a combination of things...apps running, clock speed, battery itself...heck may not hurt to get some can air and pull out the battery and sd card and blow out the phone and battery cover...i've started doing this on occassion, and maybe it has some minimal impact.

i think that spare parts can tell which apps are using battery because it knows how much cpu/memory apps are using though...the battery is not reporting that data back to spare parts

Upvote 0
thx my fellow texan..do u think having over 100 apps is the cause? i use just about all of them lol..

how about all the widgets i have on my screen? was running with 9 screens but stopped that since i thought that was the cause of the battery overheating..i didn't get high levels on fresh but i'm on darchdroid 2.7 and it's getting hot whenever i play music or just run simple apps.

how do i read spare parts? i go to battery history, then go to partial wake time usage and it says android system is on top..isn't that the way it's supposed to be?? is there a way to tell what's running in the background? i guess that would be my question

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones