• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery help

Keo

Mar 30, 2010
Can someone help me with this below post? I'm having awful battery life with this phone and I'm all out of options. This post below was from a guy describing how he saves battery life. I followed what he did, downloaded Set CPU and copied the settings he had but my question is how do I make my screens black? Do I need another program or something to do that? I'm running 2.1 DD10 rooted.

"i got 12+ hours and still have 15% left, but look at what I had active. I have two twitter clients, active push email, multiple calls, and email usage over the day. I get a new email on average every 5 min. I also have Gtalk, and Gvoice. I have livewall papers, star field. I had background data on , GPS on and WiFi on all day. I use Handcent a bunch, and nubinews is active. I didn't open and kill any tasks with ATK after the morning. I have set the background to mostly black, you will save 40-60% of the battery life with black and loose 300-400% with white. EVERY THING should be black if you want to save battery life.

I have the MAX CPU set to 266 after 50%, and max of 60MHz while idle (basically screen blank). I have the governor set to conservative. I allow up to 800MHz above 50% but I have it set to conservative.

considering the work load I put this thing into, this is the best performance I have ever gotten.

I did this using calken latest, with root and setCPU from SetCPU for Root Users [1.5.1a] 04/02/2010 - xda-developers

I think you can get good battery life if you don't load everything onto the phone, and make some smart choice."

I have been noticing that sometimes with 2.1, the battery gets juiced really fast. I used Advanced Task Manager to kill the task and the battery life has been really good since. I still haven't figured out what has been killing the battery, but I can go through a few days of good battery performance to just absolutely crappy the next day. I hit the task killer, and I'm back to good performance again. I am running most of the goodies too, like live wallpaper. I would give a task killer a try. I think ATM only kills tasks when I tell it to, and I don't tell it to very often. I just started doing it the last couple of days, so the jury is still out, but my battery life has been great. You may want to try a task killer and see what happens.

Upvote 0
<blockquote> I followed what he did, downloaded Set CPU and copied the settings he had but my question is how do I make my screens black? Do I need another program or something to do that?

Take a picture with lots of black and make it your wallpaper. Very similar to your desktop wallpaper on your home machine. Its somewhere in the menu setup, labeled fairly obviously, or you can do it through gallery if you've put the picture on your SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones