• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Hog Radio

I had the battery drain using it with AuraxTSense 7.6.1, i always try to use the latest radio available as normally it's an improvement over older versions.
I also noticed on some of the roms that the devs are also advising dropping to the earlier versions too.

Still in this case i bow to your greater knowledge of these things, but at least people will be aware if battery life has decreased drastically then the radio may be at fault.

Upvote 0
I have been using this radio with DeFrost 4.3 (untouched download, no modules) with both set cpu and autokiller running, and have had battery life of max 6 hours for the last couple of days, with very light use (and I do mean very light). Last night I went from a full charge at 11pm to a dead phone at 7am with all settings as before. I am still trying to get to the root cause, but I am far from impressed and have also read a number of threads with devs and those with more knowledge than I saying it is a battery drain.
Anyways, the jury is out:p
k

Upvote 0
Normally over night from 11pm till 8am from full charge my phone only drops by 2%, but last night using that new radio my battery dropped by 11% from 2am to 8am this morning.
Switched to a slightly older version & with 7 phone calls of a total of 30 minutes & 30 minutes of playing games, looking at the net 25 mins & generally messing round with the phone the battery has only dropped 25%.
This is about normal for me as i normally get between 2 & 4 days per charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones