• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Icon and the back button

seek

Lurker
Oct 2, 2010
Virginia
I've searched just to make sure.

Anyways, I've had this phone for almost two weeks now and I love it. The only two things that have bothered me is: 1) the battery icon, it'll look like 80% when really it's 60% and 2) when I press the button sometimes I'll have to hit it a couple of times to make the back button work.

Is anyone having any of these issues? Should I just go back to the store and get a another one?

The back button seems to be the one that gives the most trouble to many or is it because that since its used more often its the obvious choice? Dunno but on my phone the back button drives me nuts sometimes - wife has the same issue with hers. I now slide my finger down a but when hitting back and it seems to be more functional instead of just tapping it..

I never look @ my battery icon. I use BattStatt from the market, simple, clean and seems to be accurate. Give a few a try - some that I have liked are BatteryLife, Gauge Battery Widget and Battery Indicator which sits on the top of the notification bar in numeric form with more info provided in the tray.

PS: Welcome aboard.

Upvote 0
The back button seems to be the one that gives the most trouble to many or is it because that since its used more often its the obvious choice? Dunno but on my phone the back button drives me nuts sometimes - wife has the same issue with hers. I now slide my finger down a but when hitting back and it seems to be more functional instead of just tapping it..

I never look @ my battery icon. I use BattStatt from the market, simple, clean and seems to be accurate. Give a few a try - some that I have liked are BatteryLife, Gauge Battery Widget and Battery Indicator which sits on the top of the notification bar in numeric form with more info provided in the tray.

PS: Welcome aboard.

Just downloaded BatteryLife. Thank you!

Upvote 0
The back button is driving me nuts. I just came from the UCLA AT&T store where they have two on display and one of them is like mine - tempermental and doesn't register every press. The other one has no issues with the bottom buttons at all, however it seems the bottom portion of the display isn't as sensitive as mine, meaning the bottom row of icons doesn't actuate on the first press. To me I guess I'd rather have a greater 'press-able area' for the capacitive buttons as that stupid back button gets used so much based on how many layers some applications' settings have.

Explaining that to an AT&T rep that I want to tear open a bunch of new phones to "check their button responsiveness" will probably land me in crazy house, where I sometimes thing I belong anyway because of this bloody phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones