1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery indicator looks like 90% when it has 65%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by triple486, Oct 24, 2010.

1. triple486

triple486 Member

I downloaded free battery widget on the market.
    It shows my battery is 65%, but stock battery indicator (blue bar) looks like more than 87~90% or so.
    Is this only my phone or stock UI battery indicator is wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

most battery widgets need to be calibrated. after a few charge cycles they give their best "guess" as to how much time/charge you have left based on your previous patterns. Also the battery indicator isnt that reliable. Battstat is a great battery widget that uses the system battery settings, or if you root you can get the battery percentage instead of the battery icon.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

your stock battery indicator is way off. try batteryminder from the market.

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Android Enthusiast

I would guess that it just needs recalibrated, yes.

Although it may also just be that the stock can't be that accurate. I have another app replacing it so I can't check, but say the entire thing is four pixels wide. For 100% of course it'd have all four pixels. But it may wait until it's below 75% to only show three pixels. Until then all you know it it's somewhere between 75 and 100%. Same with three bars - it could be anywhere from 74 to 50% battery life. It's just that the app's size limits its accuracy.

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

I've found that the stock battery indicator is a little flakey. I use Battstatt and Battery Indicator to see the %.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews