1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery indicator power on off bug?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Durtydawg, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Durtydawg

Durtydawg Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Hello all new to the Atrix but not droid, Aria for awhile, then Captivate, died on me first thirty days ATT talked me into switching to the Crapple Iphone which I just thankfully was able to get rid of and now am back on droid thank God.

Anyway enough with the background, I was wondering if anyone else is noticing if when you battery indicator turns orange and you power the phone off and back on it goes to 50%? I have tried this 4 times now and it has worked every time. I was actually concerned the battery life was horrible in this phone but after I power off and on I get several more hours until indicator turns orange for a second time. So is this a software bug? Is it only my phone and I need to return it for new?

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Must be just your phone. I just powered mine off and back on again and the battery indicator had the same reading.

Durtydawg likes this.
  3. Durtydawg

Durtydawg Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Ok thank you last night shortly after my post the indicator turned orange and I powered it off, plugged it into my charger and it showed battery at 60%

Tonight right before this reply battery showed orange powered off and back on 60%. Now trying to decide rather to return it for new phone or just grab battery widget off the market.

4. calbearz24

calbearz24 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    mine does this too after the GB update. with Battery Monitor Widget I can see that the battery voltage didn't change, as expected, but the % available spikes up. usually it increases by 15-20%.