• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery is lasting for 5 hours now.

I hate to say it, but its not true. Turning off all things that your not using does improve battery life. Also, depending on how your phone is set up, what apps you have running in the background/updating, how many widgets, etc. plays a part in battery drain.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my statement. Sure if you disable certain features and background syncing, etc. you will see longer battery life, I was just trying to point out that it is possible to achieve 16 hours of decent usage and still keep all of this stuff on. A 5 hour battery life points to a bad battery, not background apps and whatnot..... or extreme heavy usage I suppose. These devices are designed to be more efficient then the androids of old (like my awful thunderbolt).

Upvote 0
I have turned so much stuff off and still my battery goes fast. I have disabled alot of bloatware, I haver power saving mode on. Lowered brightness. Turned everything in the notifications I use my internet alotcand screen is in use. I use my wifi. I woke up at 10am this morning to a fully charged battery. My battery is at 70% its 2pm l.

Upvote 0
I have turned so much stuff off and still my battery goes fast. I have disabled alot of bloatware, I haver power saving mode on. Lowered brightness. Turned everything in the notifications I use my internet alotcand screen is in use. I use my wifi. I woke up at 10am this morning to a fully charged battery. My battery is at 70% its 2pm l.

What are the battery stats for that time?

If you have 50% plus screen time and are using internet, watch movies, listening to songs etc.

that's probably about right...

Upvote 0
This may be a longshot, but do you have any of the apps linked here? I was experiencing battery drain at about twice the normal speed, but whenever I'd check what was using my battery, I couldn't spot the culprit. Then I realized that the problems started around the time I started playing stupid Candy Crush. I googled. Found the link (which is a VZW list of Android apps that keep your phone from going into sleep mode and therefore suck battery like crazy).

I am well aware that, as a general rule with Android, closing apps after you use them doesn't make a damn bit of difference to battery life -- but it apparently does make a difference with these apps. I eventually killed Candy Crush and battery life shot right back up.

Reactions: itsallgood
Upvote 0
Something is unusual over the past 2 days. I typically have 30-45% battery left at the end of the day. Yesterday and today, I was going dead by 1pm with no abnormal usage. Google Services was apparently running amok as it was way over the top of anything else in my battery stats.

Why that is? I have no idea. I haven't changed or updated anything. I did restart and am charging again now. Hopefully the restart will fix it.

Upvote 0
Google Services was apparently running amok as it was way over the top of anything else in my battery stats.
I would watch Google Services carefully for a few days in a row to establish a data point. They should _not_ be at the top of the list, the display should. It draws by far the most power of any other component or app on your phone.

If Google Services continue to dominate, report back and we'll do some troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
I would watch Google Services carefully for a few days in a row to establish a data point. They should _not_ be at the top of the list, the display should. It draws by far the most power of any other component or app on your phone.

If Google Services continue to dominate, report back and we'll do some troubleshooting.

I appreciate your response. Last night, I cleared the data cache from Google Play services, rebooted and charged to full. Today, battery appears to be back to normal with the display at the top of the usage list by far. Google services is way down as it should be again.

Reactions: zendroid
Upvote 0
I appreciate your response. Last night, I cleared the data cache from Google Play services, rebooted and charged to full. Today, battery appears to be back to normal with the display at the top of the usage list by far. Google services is way down as it should be again.
That's great to hear. Thanks for checking back, I was thinking about you.

Cheers :D

Upvote 0
Adara;[URL="tel:6149853" said:
6149853[/URL]]This may be a longshot, but do you have any of the apps linked here? I was experiencing battery drain at about twice the normal speed, but whenever I'd check what was using my battery, I couldn't spot the culprit. Then I realized that the problems started around the time I started playing stupid Candy Crush. I googled. Found the link (which is a VZW list of Android apps that keep your phone from going into sleep mode and therefore suck battery like crazy).

I am well aware that, as a general rule with Android, closing apps after you use them doesn't make a damn bit of difference to battery life -- but it apparently does make a difference with these apps. I eventually killed Candy Crush and battery life shot right back up.

Thanks for the link of apps. Out of all of them, I have only 2. I've made it a habit to exit all apps after using them, if they have an exit button. For the ones that don't, I just use the stock apps manager and close them that way. Using these two methods keeps my battery life really good. (Seeing that I'm a moderate/heavy user.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones