1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery issue after 0.435 upgrade.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charlyee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. charlyee

charlyee Android Enthusiast

Hello all

I updated my x10 to 0.435 last week, everything was fine for about 5 days and then the battery started draining too fast.

I also noticed that "cell standby" using a large percentage whereas before the upgrade it was usually "display".

No settings were changed or new apps were added.

What could cause this, specially 4-5 days after the upgrade?

Any ideas?

Thanks much. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Member

This happened to me also...I was charging up to 3 times a day in most cases.

I really dont know if this really works, but one day I removed the battery while the phone was charging. i guess it must have reset the battery or something, but I now get a day and half and in some cases up to 2 days off one charge.

Hope this helps.....

3. charlyee

Thanks, I just did it, hope that's the trick. :)

4. charlyee

Okay in 7 hours and 17 mins, I am down to 45% and have had a little heavier than normal usage day. Most importantly my cell standby numbers are much lower.

5. Ascalon

Ascalon Newbie

I sorted out this issue mainly by uninstalling things like the face recognition service and TimeScape. Vastly improved battery life as a result.

A

6. knudsen81

knudsen81 Android Enthusiast

On stock se rom i don't have problems with battery, but on the 2.2 beta's there is a little more battery drain :)

7. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Member

How do I uninstall face recognition?? What effect will that have on other SE software?? Can you just uninstall timescape?? I've heard timescape and mediascape are joined at the hip...

8. charlyee

Okay, I froze Face Recognition and Timescape with TB, I may uninstall it eventually.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

9. aangelcharm

aangelcharm Lurker

The best way is to install the app Task Manager Es is a good one and Free,
    may may be known as a task Kill just turns off what's running in the backround,
    But you will have to charge your phone at night!!!!!

10. Ascalon

Ascalon Newbie

You need to have root access first of all, and then an app such as Titanium Backup, which is available free on the Market.

Then, the app will give you the option to uninstall both the facial recognition service and the Timescape app.

A

11. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Member

Thanks

12. sunny_nik

sunny_nik Lurker

I tried the same step but it worked only for a day. Another recharge and the phone was back up draining battery :(

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

13. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

try powermax.. not sure if theres a free version though!

14. powerkiter

powerkiter Android Expert

Its the first time since joining this forum that I can feel happy about my phone...

Im on 0.435 and so far Im at 31 hours and 20% battery left...

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews