• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery issue/dead phone

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

My battery went dead so I plugged it up to charge but it remained dead. I know my charger is good & I have also took the Sim card & battery out and then put them back in then I pushed & held the volume up key then the home key then the power key but all at the same time for about 1minute but still nothing. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to get my phone turned back on? I would greatly appreciate any & all suggestions.

Hello, Perhaps your battery is indeed dead. Even though they are rechargeable, all batteries have a limited life. I would suggest a new battery. They can be had from your carrier or on the net. Make certain you replace with the same battery for your phone is designed to operate with those battery specs.

If you should happen to know another that owns the same phone... you might borrow their battery just to test to make certain it's the battery and not a phone problem before investing in a replacement.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones