• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery issue is not just os

Lupi619

May 2, 2010
I have recently purchased a 1500mAh battery and a Seidio battery charger. I charged the 1500mAh battery and then put it in my Dinc, which by the way fit fine and flush with NO red showing. The battery seemed to last a little longer, but I wasn't sure if this was an alternative method to turning my phone off while charging. I then charged the original 1300mAh until the charger was green. I tried to unplug and plug it back in to test if it was green, which it was. I then turned my phone off, put the 1300mAh battery in and then charged it for another 20 minutes.

I'll test some other methods but whatever this issue is it doesn't seem like just an os issue.

Yes I did bump charging on the charger and the phone. Only the phone bump charging added more power to the battery. The charger didn't bypass the bump process. Whether the battery charger charged the battery further than charging with the phone on I'm not sure. I have to do more testing but was right my post if anyone else noticed or had ideas about it.

Upvote 0
Are you guys not understanding what I am saying? I am NOT talking about what drains the battery. I am talking about the bump charge. It doesn't seem to be OS related issue, because you can only bump charge when the battery is in the phone. The battery charger might be green, meaning the battery is fully charged, and you can attempt the bump charge with the battery charger, although it doesn't do anything the light is going to be green again. Then you put the fully charged battery, charged in the battery charger, into the phone and do the bump charge and the battery will charge another 20 minutes or so.

So repeat the battery charging issue might not be OS related. Someone might be able to make an app to act like the phone is off while charging, but I don't know.

Reactions: SCARLETnGREY
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones