1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Battery issue related to Wifi post update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GripnRip, Jul 4, 2010.

1. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    I've notice over the last 3 days that I seem to be having some battery issues post update. I've got a V3 phone purchased on launch day. I've never had battery issues, usually get around 14-16 hours per charge before the update. After last weeks update it seems that my battery life has gone downhill to the point where i'm lucky if I get 10 hours.

I notice that if i look at my usage using #*#*4636*#*# that it shows the the system running constantly and the time spent without sleeping is a very high percentage. I've also notice that my wifi on and wifi running percentages are the same. It seems when i leave wifi on (which i have for the most part since i got the phone) it's always connected and killing my battery. What could have happened after the update to cause this? I know the OTA was supposed to fix the facebook sync issue, but i tried doing that fix any way. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Anyone have any idea? Wifi is killing my battery real fast post OTA. I use to be able to leave it on with out this issue.

Tags: