• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BATTERY ISSUE SOLVED! (for me at least) Micro SD CARD!

powdbyrice

Android Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2010
NorCal
situation: battery life decreased significantly. previously, I was able to make it at least a day with moderate usage, (manual check email throughout the day, pandora radio for at least 4hrs, some internet mixed in). after card was installed, battery only lasted a couple of hours.

solution: tried everything. checked settings to make sure auto-sync stuff was turned off. tried wiping the phone to start over. thought it might have been odd side effect of OTA. (i put the card in right around that time.)

couldn't figure out why my wifes Inc still got good battery life and mine sucked. finally realized that i had a 1GB micro sd card in and she did not.

i removed the card earlier this evening and the battery meter has barely moved in 3 hrs.

AND THE PHONE GOES TO SLEEP FINALLY!!!

hope this is the solution for others as well.

I'm glad you found a solution. Unfortunately I find that fix unacceptable, as I have lots of music and pics stored on my 16GB SD card. I hope it's something they can fix. My battery life is getting worse by the day it seems. I have tried all the tricks in all the threads here, and they don't work. As soon as I unplug my phone, within about 10 minutes my battery has drained 10%. I am really hoping when I get my Seidio battery it will help some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones