• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery issue with Samsung Moment

durtdawg

Dec 18, 2009
OK...so I charged my Moment via the wall charger all night. Well, when I awoke this morning, it read that the charge was full of course, but as soon as I took it off it went down to 80%. I put it back on the charger and it went to 90%. I'm not sure what is going on here. Has anyone else had problems like this or know of a fix?

I too have the exact same issue. I dont get good reception where I live so i turned airplane mode on and it really helped the battery life but my phone was useless. Then when I had 15% left of battery, I charged it via the wall charger and left it over night. When I woke up, it said 100%. Then when I took it off the charger it dropped to 90% and then to 70% within 2 minutes of me taking it off the charger. I've only had my moment for 2 weeks now and have been having this issue since I got it. I have tried cycling the battery but it still didn't help. I don't want to return the phone due to a battery issue because it is the greatest phone I've had thus far. Is there any solution to this? Please Help!

Upvote 0
I have had the same issue...what I have found is that booting up in test mode (with the phone off, hold: send and track pad button down while booting up) then run a battery check, it typically runs about 15-25% higher than the home screen widget. I've heard that as you work with the phone and "condition it" (run the battery all the way down, then charge all the way to 100% then "top off" on your USB cable) it is able to manage the battery better.

Upvote 0
I have had the same issue...what I have found is that booting up in test mode (with the phone off, hold: send and track pad button down while booting up) then run a battery check, it typically runs about 15-25% higher than the home screen widget. I've heard that as you work with the phone and "condition it" (run the battery all the way down, then charge all the way to 100% then "top off" on your USB cable) it is able to manage the battery better.

No, I have tried this many times (cycling the battery) and it DOES NOT work! :mad:

Upvote 0
All of them do it and it's just a faulty battery level indicator. Mine does exactly what yours does but I can run it for about 10 hours before I get the "15%" warning. And I can run it another 10 hours before I get the "5%" warning. I'm sure it'll be fixed when 2.1 is released. I've also read a lot of people are having luck with cycling the battery a few times by running it until it dies, but that hasn't worked for me. But it has worked for my wife's Moment.

Upvote 0
Holy crap!!!!! How many of these threads can people post???

learn to friggin read

But YOU clicked on another battery thread and then YOU responded to it? Trying to teach someone a lesson? By the way you replied it looks like you'd be doing your blood pressure a favor if you just tuned out battery threads. I bet you suffer from road rage, don't you?

Upvote 0
But YOU clicked on another battery thread and then YOU responded to it? Trying to teach someone a lesson? By the way you replied it looks like you'd be doing your blood pressure a favor if you just tuned out battery threads. I bet you suffer from road rage, don't you?

Yes... I did click on the battery thread... cause I thought "hmmm... maybe someone is having a different problem". But no.... same problem....237th thread. I mean seriously.... this is the main issue with this phone..... a simple search, or even just browsing through the forum would have given the op all the info they could handle.

Look, I am all about helping people.... but if they would just look before they ask... that;s all I'm saying

Upvote 0
Yes... I did click on the battery thread... cause I thought "hmmm... maybe someone is having a different problem". But no.... same problem....237th thread. I mean seriously.... this is the main issue with this phone..... a simple search, or even just browsing through the forum would have given the op all the info they could handle.

Look, I am all about helping people.... but if they would just look before they ask... that;s all I'm saying

Making a post like you did will not do anything to prevent someone from posting the same question for the 237th time. They obviously don't read any of the others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones