1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cuse165, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Cuse165

Cuse165 Lurker

I am looking for information. My battery has been buying very fast. It went from 25% to 15,% in standby in little over a hour. At night it drops anywhere from 10 to 15%. I have not installed any new apps or made any changes. My question is do you know of any apps or settings I can dig in deeper to find what could be killing it?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It could depend on a lot of things including the model of phone, the age and/or size of the battery and the apps you have installed. Could you let us know what phone you have?

puppykickr and MrJavi like this.
  3. Cuse165

Cuse165 Lurker

It's a Motorola Moto Z Play Droid. It's about 2 years old the size of the battery is 3510 mAh. I downloaded apps that "tell you the battery health" they all said good to okay. Amazon Alexa is the highest app using 38%.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Okay, you might have a confluence of conditions here. First, those battery health apps measure voltage change as an indicator of ability to hold a charge. The problem with that is they either use a generic baseline, or they use the battery's current charge state as the baseline. What it may be telling you is that it's okay for a 2-year-old battery. This doesn't mean the battery isn't losing it's ability to hold a charge. I would expect a 2-year-old battery to be showing it's age. Add to that a high drain /always-on app like alexa and you could easily see losses of 10%/hour.