• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Im using a Samsung GT-I5503. It runs Android 2.1.
Now the problem is, the battery drains too quick. within 4 hours, it dropped down to 45% after a 100% charge. its just like that since i bought it.

i used battery optimizers and several ways to save battery life, but still it acts funny.

Im a "stay connected all the time" kind of person and cell internet is important to me. so my cell internet is on the whole day and a couple of apps such as Facebook, twitter and msn.

all other battery consuming options are set to off. bluetooth, sync, wifi, brightness, 3g etc.

my question is. Is there anything i can do to save battery?

Im a "stay connected all the time" kind of person and cell internet is important to me. so my cell internet is on the whole day and a couple of apps such as Facebook, twitter and msn.

all other battery consuming options are set to off. bluetooth, sync, wifi, brightness, 3g etc.

Wait, if you have WiFi and 3G off, how is your cell internet on the whole day? And if you are home or in a WiFi hotspot, turn that on and use it, WiFi uses less power than cellular data.

Upvote 0
if you keep your phone's screen on for too long it will drain the battery very fast. so if you're always browsing data or using your phone actively it will drain the battery very fast. also the brightness settings will make this demand for battery grow if you set the screen brightness to a very high level. i use mine at 45% and it still provides me a good visualization.

Upvote 0
I am using Galaxy 5, I donot even use internet much not on 3g nor on 2g and every option is off like BT, WIFI, background sync etc. but my battery drains in 6 to 10 hours on standby. Using juice defender battery optimizer app but juice defender exactly does the same i have done manually, screen brightness is really low. Now any one has any suggestion for me to increase battery life after a full recharge atleast it should work 16 to 24 hours minimum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones