1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by candiandylan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. candiandylan

candiandylan Newbie

Screen 56%, Android OS 20%, standby 7%. media server 3%, Tango 3%

I'm wondering what media server is? Also i never even opened tango in like 3 months? Android OS is apps? I didn't open 1 app, only texting which took around 4%. and this was overnight basically for the most part. Start at 100% to - 65%. Just wondering why the android OS is so high

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I am not sure if this is Android OS or Android System, but one of them is the base from where the battery drains. For example after you charged and you haven't done anything with the phone, Android OS (or System) would actually start from 100% of battery used.

After you start using the phone, or if any apps start running in the background, the battery use percentage will start distributing around. Media Server is things like your music/video player. Dropping to 65% seems rather high, but if you are using the phone (hence the high battery usage for screen), then it doesn't seem so strange.

Cheers

3. candiandylan

candiandylan Newbie

Out of 12 hours the screen was on for 1hour10mins.... ? I don't think that seems right

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

You watching a movie or something? Screen would usually take up the most battery if you are using the phone. Last only about 3 hours or so of video/movie watching.

Your phone new? Battery also gets better after a weeks use.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews