1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery issues - need help in diagnosing (using BBS)!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imrankhan82, Dec 22, 2012.

1. imrankhan82

imrankhan82 Lurker

Got my Galaxy S3 on Oct 31. The phone battery was never satisfactory, but after a few weeks, my batter lasted less than a full day with little usage on a full charge. Android System was using up most of the battery. Sent it to Rogers for repair. The Samsung repair center (in Montreal) gave it back around 12 days later after having reimaged my phone (no battery tests performed!). Problem persists.

Over the past two weeks, the battery was drained until the phone shut down. This happened around 3 times.

Now, it still won't last a full day with little usage. I'm trying to figure out if it's the battery or something else going on. Sometimes the phone is warm without using it. I didn't root the phone. Sync, Wifi, GPS, and Bluetooth were off for the last test I conducted with Better Battery Stats. No phone usage, and screen brightness at minimum with "auto" brightness off. No phone encryption, but plan to turn that on eventually. Android 4.1.1. I've got high drain (20% in 3.5 hrs) without using the phone. See the attached stats.

Is it my battery? Is there something else I can do?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Its all conducive with a bad signal. Your good signal shows low in the second screen shot. Bam_dmux_wakelock is mobile data related and active signal (opposite of cell standby) is under "android os"

KOLIO likes this.
  3. imrankhan82

imrankhan82 Lurker

All my screenshots show full reception. I believe my reception to be good where I was doing the test. I currently have - 94 dBm 46 asu. Also, at work, my neighbour has a Galaxy S3 and doesn't have battery issues. I'll try testing under airplane mode.

4. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

also try installing GSam Battery monitor it gives similar information and its alot easier to read the information.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews