• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery issues with voice calls

How much battery should the voice calls be using? I looked at my battery use details and voice calls had used 32%. I clicked on it and it said i only talked for 22 minutes. That seems way too high. How much battery is you voice calls using? Do I need to do an exchange?

:thinking:

The battery meter is in 10% increments, so I don't think you used 32%. I think the details you're looking at are saying that of the power that you've used since you were last connected to AC power, 32% of that was used by the phone call.

Upvote 0
@rawness The battery usage screen reports in 1% intervals.

@OP It is a percentage, so it depends on how long you have had your phone unplugged. If you just unplugged your phone and made a 20 min voice call it might be 80% of your battery usage. It is all subjective and unless you are nearing a dead battery and are still showing 32% for 22 min of talk time it is nothing to worry about.

P.S. Your percentages also reset if the phone powers down. So you really have to compare your percentages to that time since unplugged at the top of the battery usage screen and see if you feel it is realistic.

Upvote 0
That sound like it is just fine. They advertise 6.5 hours of talk time so since you are going to be closer to 13 or 14 hours before your phone goes dead I think all is well. And depending on how long you have had your phone the battery may not have reached full potential yet. You should cycle from full charge to completely dead a couple times to get the most out of your battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones