1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery issues... Yes, another thread (sorry in advanced)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danny1st, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Danny1st

Danny1st Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    Newbie here, and if this has already been addressed, again sorry.

I recently flashed official froyo and was very impressed with the new battery life... However, I seem to have done something to reduce it dramatically. I add and remove apps on a regular basis so if its an app I'm not sure which one is to blame? Is there any way to determine the drain a specific app is pulling from the battery. I just installed juice defender, but the battery life is not even close to what I was getting after the update. Any and all suggestions are appreciated in advanced.

Advertisement

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    Settings - About Phone - Battery Use

What shows up?

EDIT: Which version did you flash? Did you use the update.zip file, or the full 200 MB Odin flash version?

3. Danny1st

Danny1st Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    I used update.zip. In the battery info settings it just breaks it up into phone idle, display, and stand-by... The display is taking up the majority of course and I am well versed in the TWS airplane toggle... But why the great battery life for a couple weeks to just a few hours on average use. Looking for a way to isolate an app by battery drain (processor) usage? Does such thing exists?

4. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    You can look under running services? Settings, Applications, Running Services. At least you can see what is running in the background...

Otherwise, you may want to try an Odin flash to the full version of 2.2.1...