1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jerigorn, May 25, 2017.

1. Jerigorn

Jerigorn Lurker

So after almost 2 years on my Note 4 I bought a new battery to give it some life. The 'Power Bear' battery worked great for a couple months, but then started draining very quickly and would take 8 hours to charge completely. I did not make any changes to OS or apps. So I chucked it up to a shitty battery. I then purchased another brand - now discharge was somewhat better, but still the 8+ hours to charge. I have tried factory resets, but no change. Ideas at this point? Buy a third battery or trash the phone? Im currently using a S5 and my plan was to get the S8+. I love that phone, but im a Note fan a hearr. At this point I'm thinking of waiting to see what the a note 8 has to offer, but using this S5 is painful. Thanks in advance.

#1 Jerigorn, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    philayl likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, I always buy the genuine Samsung batteries now, I had a string of so called compatible batteries that were crap, you can get the genuine ones for about £10 if you shop around, always look for a seller that has as near to 100% feedback as possible. Phil

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Even then, check. I've had fake batteries sold as real for old phones by reputable shops (the fact that the temperature sensor had been replaced by a fixed resistor was a give-away - visually it looked absolutely fine). I don't know whether the shop itself was aware they were fake, but needless to say I got it refunded and bought elsewhere (for a bit more, but not taking chances with batteries, they can be dangerous).

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I have 4 batteries for my Note 4, and none of them are worth a damn.
    none of them will Fast Charge, none of them will take a full charge regardless of how long the charger is left plugged in.

2 of them I bought on fleabay for "2 for $9.95" which I did as a chance that might "be good".... uh uh....

there is a local retailer a few towns away from me, I am going to make one more effort at buying one "full retail" in hopes that I can get a good one.

5. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

I had a Powerbear that quit after 80 days. I e-mailed them and never got a response so I left them a scathing review on amazon and two days later had a response to my e-mail confirming my address for a replacement battery, which is now in my phone. I've also had good luck with Anker.
    It sounds to me as though the OP's problem is something other than a battery. I had a similar charging problem with my Galaxy S4 and it turned out to be the OEM Samsung charging cable. Once it was replaced I was back in business.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

For information, beware some off-brand replacement batteries for Samsungs. This particular one was absolute crap.
    downloadfile-22.jpg

And even if it states Samsung on it there's a lot of fakes around, so always best to buy from reputable sources, rather than cheap online from China or something.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews