1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gboyega, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Gboyega

Gboyega Lurker

My phone will not power on unless it is being charged. If it is disconnected from charging, even if the battery is 100% fully charged, the phone will immediately go off and starts trying to come on, albeit unsuccessfully.

lokfs1972 likes this.
  2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, although it is showing fully charged it sounds as though the battery is past it's best, do you know anyone with the same phone, if so perhaps you could try their battery in your phone, I think I would be investing in a new battery in your position. Phil

3. Gboyega

Gboyega Lurker

I have bought 3 new batteries after this one and I always have issues with them. They all drain too fast, become very hot and just go off, most often, without reaching 0%. I think it has to do with my phone. Just 2weeks ago I factory reset my phone yet this problem still persists.

4. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Were they genuine Samsung, there is some rubbish out there posing as good OE equivalents. phil

5. Gboyega

Gboyega Lurker

How does one identify a genuine Samsung battery?

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

I have always bought mine off eBay (WHAT! I hear you scream) but I only buy from one trader and he has over 71,000 sales and a 99.5% positive feedback so he must be doing something right. To be honest over many years I have bought for myself, my wife and various family members and never had a dodgy battery. Phil

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews