1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery Issues??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bestaudioguy, Aug 22, 2017.

1. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Male
    Owner of ClearCom Professional Audio & Video
    Branchburg
    Have had the phone for a bit over a year and now the phone gets hot and I noticed it not charging well. I'm pretty sure you cannot replace the battery as it's a sealed phone.
    Anyone having a similar issue??
    Is there a way to replace the battery??

Advertisement

andrew f likes this.
  2. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Speaking from past experiences with taking Kyocera phones apart, yes you can change the battery. However, it will not be waterproof afterwards. Any Kyocera is a nightmare to disassemble; you need solid high quality tools, divine patience and experience to do so. If you want it fixed right and keep it's water resistance, sending it to Kyocera and having them do it is the best bet.
    I would first try a different charging block and a good quality USB cable before sending it out. I don't know off hand how much $$ they charge for repairs of that nature... Bad chargers or cables can do exactly what you're saying.

andrew f likes this.
  3. andrew f

andrew f Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2018
    I HAVE THE DURAFORCE PRO , and love it! BUT AFTER ABOUT TWO 1/2 YEARS THE PHONE DID NOT CHARGE 100% ALL THE TIME, IT WOULD JUST STOP CHARGING. being a Quality Manager in electronics, I troubleshooted it through trial & error .. I noticed and verified it was not the cable or the charging ports connection. Charging stopping would happen randomly without any disturbances. After taking it to T-Mobile they looked at it and agreed on my findings. after they talked to Corporate they agreed to replace it free of charge. ..ASAP. hope this helps. :cool:

4. andrew f

andrew f Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2018

I HAVE THE DURAFORCE PRO , and love it! BUT AFTER ABOUT TWO 1/2 YEARS THE PHONE DID NOT CHARGE 100% ALL THE TIME, IT WOULD JUST STOP CHARGING. being a Quality Manager in electronics, I troubleshooted it through trial & error .. I noticed and verified it was not the cable or the charging ports connection. Charging stopping would happen randomly without any disturbances. After taking it to T-Mobile they looked at it and agreed on my findings. after they talked to Corporate they agreed to replace it free of charge. ..ASAP. hope this helps. :cool:

5. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    No modern battery could retain 100% its capacity after 2.5 years.

Time to replace the battery or even better, the phone itself.