1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mjhogs, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Mjhogs

Mjhogs Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hello, I bought a Samsung Droid Charge yesterday at Verizon. I let the battery get down real low before I charged it to 100%. Today, it seems that the battery may be faulty, or I might not be using the settings right. I used it for about 1:30-2:00 hours over a period of 5 hours and it took the battery down to 30%, and on standby for about 15 minutes it depleted it about 10 more %. My wifi is off, I'm in a constant 4G area, no bluetooth, I used task killer, turned the brightness all the way down, etc...

So do you think the battery is faulty and I should go back to Verizon tomorrow and ask for a new battery or is there something I can do for it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. HadManySons

HadManySons Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    I have no 4G in my area and if I was watching about 2 YouTube videos a day, plus about 30 minutes of music, ~100 texts and an hour of web browsing, it would be at about 50% by about 8:30pm. That's after coming off the charger at 5:15am. But again, no 4G in my area. I would take it back though, that's ridiculous.

3. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Registered Nurse, retired
    Fairchild, Wisconsin
    te: The battery comes partially charged. You must fully charge the battery
    before using your phone for the first time. A fully discharged battery
    requires up to 4 hours of charge time.
    After the first charge, you can use the phone while charging.
    I just copied this from the Charge device manual.

4. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    When I get any type of battery device I like to charge it, then run it fully until it will not power on, then do a full charge. I liek to do that once or twice then every few months. I do this so the device can get an accurate reading on battery levels. Many laptops used to have a battery calabration feature even though they had LiOn batteries. This is so they can accurately predict battery consumptiom/usage/remaing.

5. dgcamero

dgcamero Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    It wastes battery!

Once you have uninstalled the task killer, hold down the home button, and use Task Manager if necessary...it works very well.

6. chasman001

chasman001 Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    4G just kills the battery period. Maybe faulty battery. If you have already turn off (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc), uninstalled unnecessary apps (like task killer), widgets that keeps looking for updates, then that's probably all you can do. The new software update (EE4) seem to have helped it too.

7. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    4g does not kill the battery as badly as you think. As long as you have a good connection you should not be getting drained from it. I keep my Charge on 4g all the time and my battery life is almost as good as my Atrix or Fascinate.

You might want to give the battery some time. The first few charge cycles will be bad.

8. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I am only on my third full day of owning this phone and my battery life has been excellent. I have had 4G on the entire time too.

I am almost 2 and a half hours off the charge since this morning and I am sitting at 95%. I sent about 6 texts and checked my email twice during that time. I know that's not a lot of activity, but my battery life has been awesome. Especially coming from a TB.