1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clarkkent27, Apr 18, 2012.

1. clarkkent27

clarkkent27 Member

Updated this afternoon. Battery is fing worse. i have lost 66% in not even 4 hours. What a joke. I exchanged my 4S for this. BIGGGGGGGGGGGG mistake. HTC you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Sorry you appear to be having issues. Did you charge properly on the initial charge? You may well have a defective unit. It's not uncommon for there to be a few lemons (this happens with any electronic equipment) and I'm sure if you talk to your retailer, they'll happily replace.

There are plenty of people on here who don't have any problems with the battery, so it's potentially just an issue with your handset. It's not a problem with HTC in general so it's probably unfair/premature to judge the company on one negative experience.

3. clarkkent27

clarkkent27 Member

I understand that mate. But its my 3rd handset. Its getting ridiculous now. i did charge the battery properly from new though.

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Wow, your 3rd handset! :eek:

Fair enough, I can understand your frustrations.

How are you using it or is it dropping that fast when idle? Do you live in a marginal signal area?

5. clarkkent27

clarkkent27 Member

It drops like a stone when idle and being used. I live in a good signal area and use the task manager a lot.

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

The task manager could be your problem. If you're killing apps, Android will start them up again of it's own accord. There's some info here if you want a read: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x/532012-taskmanager.html

Like I say, I understand your frustrations if it's your 3rd handset, but have a read of the above, change the way you kill tasks etc, see if that makes a difference.

7. clarkkent27

clarkkent27 Member

Cheers for all your help dude. I will keep monitoring it and stop using task killer.

8. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

Task killer is a killer if not used correctly, it really is just for emergencies. I know it is hard to allow the phone to do its own thing but honestly trust it and let it get on with sorting itself out :)

El Presidente likes this.
  9. El Presidente

VIP Member

Happy to help! Please keep us posted.

10. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I don't use a task killer and my battery usage is quite good. After light-moderate use today, I still have about 80% battery.

11. blacktea

blacktea Member

I'm also getting pretty bad battery life, will take it to the store and ask for support tomorrow though.

I just want to know, is it normal for the "Screen" usage to always be at 70% and above? Seems like most people are having only 30% or 40% screen usage.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews