• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery lasting longer when charged with USB???

My battery level was 36% this morning (8AM), so I plugged it into my computer and pulled it out when it was 100%. It still has 93% now (7.13PM)

Has anybody encountered this as well?

You make no reference to how long it has been off charge for, my phone will often come off charge at 10 pm & still have 96% charge at 8 am the following morning.
As it is it came off charge tonight at 7.30 pm & now at 9.30 pm it still reads 100%

Upvote 0
I quoted the time it came off charge, if you read my post correctly.
The words off charge mean not connected to an external power source,
otherwise it would be on charge.

I have read your post correctly, and you didnt state when it came off charge, the only times mentioned are when it was at 36% (8AM) and now at 7.13PM when its only lost a few percent. No mention in your post about when it came off charge...

Edit- you only said you unplugged it when it was 100%. My point is that you could have unplugged it at 6PM which would make the drain quite reasonable. You need to specify when you unplugged it to paint a clearer picture

Upvote 0
I have read your post correctly, and you didnt state when it came off charge, the only times mentioned are when it was at 36% (8AM) and now at 7.13PM when its only lost a few percent. No mention in your post about when it came off charge...

I think you may have anoniemouse confused with the original poster. I see no ambiguity in what anoniemouse said.

But, could there be a difference if its charged slowly, and so generates less heat during charging?

If you take the opposite to an extreme and charge the battery very fast, it could state that its at 100%, but lose charge very quickly. I have certainly seen this with car batteries.

Upvote 0
ah yes, right you are bass2rez. My first post was meant for the OP, and when I started writing it anoniemouse hadnt replied. I got sidetracked at the time so when i posted anonie got in there before me, so mine came after his, and thus he thought I was referring to him. I think we were both actually saying the same thing to the OP

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones