• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life acting.. weird?

Hello. I started to notice this problem a few months ago, but I think it has got a bit worse now lately. Let me explain what is happening and why I need some answers from you about what could be the cause of this issue and the possible fix?

So, I have let us say 45% of battery left on my phone. But if I open any of the following apps: Google maps, Snapchat & Google Search but battery dies instantly or in a few seconds. Then my phone reboots itself and now claims to only have 1-5% of battery left, then it dies also quite quickly. Until I put it charging it wont reboot and turn on.

This is quite odd because it should be working at 45% very well, sometimes if I happen to put battery saving mode on then it will work quite long to circa 10-15% of battery.

So, what could be the cause of this? It can not be my charger because I have bought a new one after the old one broke.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones