• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life after JB Update

I don't see much difference on my RHD after JB update. Actually I feel it's slightly better after JB.

One thing to note is that I disabled location report/history in google map setting. If you use Google Now, it will automatically enable location report/history in google map which is extra battery drain that didn't exist in ICS. This isn't easily noticed and it's giving impression JB is worse on battery.

Reactions: Xelios
Upvote 0
Mine is worse. I wish I stuck with ICS and rooted. I could get over a day, now I get about 18ish hours.

I don't see much difference on my RHD after JB update. Actually I feel it's slightly better after JB.

One thing to note is that I disabled location report/history in google map setting. If you use Google Now, it will automatically enable location report/history in google map which is extra battery drain that didn't exist in ICS. This isn't easily noticed and it's giving impression JB is worse on battery.

I'll try this and see how it works tomorrow.

Upvote 0

This worked for me very well today actually. Looks like I saved around 10-15% battery. But I had to disable it, I need constant weather updates during the day since I move from city to city a lot. It's unfortunate, but thank you for posting the solution.

Upvote 0
This worked for me very well today actually. Looks like I saved around 10-15% battery. But I had to disable it, I need constant weather updates during the day since I move from city to city a lot. It's unfortunate, but thank you for posting the solution.

Glad that it helpled. That tip is only for minimizing battery drain from google map and now. Weather widget works fine with city location if google location service is checked in the main setting menu.

Upvote 0
Glad that it helpled. That tip is only for minimizing battery drain from google map and now. Weather widget works fine with city location if google location service is checked in the main setting menu.

Yeah you're right. It's weird, I disabled it all yesterday except for google location services but every card was showing up empty, asking me to re-enable everything. Just did it right now and it seems to be working now. That's fantastic, I was really happy with the battery savings it produced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones